Saturday, December 8, 2012

Just one of many things


Catching me out and truly unexpected
Flashbacks that only bring tears to mind
Children so powerless, no happiness to see
Left in the darkness to fear night and sleep

Nowhere to run, no one to care for them
Cold blooded man with no heart or love
Chillies for breakfast more punishment for tea
Strappings and cruelty, their harsh reality

Forced to watch and too scared to cry
Strength inside but fear in our eyes
Never show weakness, take it on the chin
Secretly hoping he pays for his sins

So much fear, sadness and guilt
Fear of not standing up to his build
Sadness for the horrible things endured
Guilt I wear for not making this stop

Life has many challenges, that we know
I should have dealt with mine years ago
Instead I just pushed it so far below
Locked deep out of sight, out of mind 

Letting this all impact on my life
Feelings subtle in the background
Slowly eating at my heart and soul
Preventing me from being whole 

So this is a new promise to myself
Finally remove it all from the shelf
No more will it comfortably be dormant
Day by day I will sweep it all out
 
By Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........