Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Mirror & Me - A dedication

Historically - What did I see when I look in the mirror at me?
Reminding me of what I didn’t want to see
Critical and self loathing –frustration of me
Never loving anything that I saw within me
Or attempting to analyse how I could change the view I see
I focused on the failures, the attempts, fear
Hating the attention, eyes upon me
Even those that reflected from me to me
This was the relationship between the mirror and me

Now – What do I see when I look in the mirror at me?
A little more acceptance of ‘the me’ I see
The mirror more practical than it’s ever been
Application of make up and the hair to boot
Brushing my teeth while humming to a tune
Knowing that I feel more comfortable with me
Eyes – my eyes are still judging me
But I value more the mirror and me

Future – What will I see when I look in the mirror at me?

A very important person in my life once asked
What do I see when I look in the mirror at me?

My answer on reflection made me see
How badly I had valued ME
Since that day this is what I see when I look in the mirror at me…
I see the man of my life standing next to me
I love myself and how the mirror reflects my happiness back at me
I look at my eyes and the reflection of how I feel
Brushing my teeth, humming a tune a dance move or two
I know who I am, what I feel and where I want to go
I love the man standing beside me and his eyes gazing upon me

The mirror and me finally agree……………

By Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........