Wednesday, December 9, 2015

My Faith – (‘New or Realised’)

When I needed strength
It seemed to come about
When I am living in hope
Things seemed to fall in place

As a child feeling weak and small
Something made me feel very tall
I was always able to overcome it all
When I wanted all of this, it happened
I believed that is was meant to be
I put it down to my system of belief
FATE!

So I ask myself was my belief faith?
Without knowing what fate or faith was
Something unexplained – out of my control
All I knew was that I believed in it
Did it matter that I didn’t understand or define it?
Always looking up to the sky searching
Amazed by all that is unexplained in this world

I never went to a convent school
Yet a convent school nun gave me rosary beads
We sat on a wooden bench under a tree
Did I know what this meant? - No
Did I know what their purpose was? - No
They have been with me throughout my life

My mum gave me a necklace once
Through the charm, held up to the light
Were the words of the Lord’s Prayer
This I carried throughout my life

Today my life chooses to believe in faith
It’s personal, it’s my journey to discover
To believe, to put all of my faith in one place
Trust in it, have confidence in it because it’s real
It’s very real to me even though it’s so new
To count every experience of fate or coincidence
Really?
Maybe my belief in faith is not new

But finally realised and acknowledged


By Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........