Wednesday, August 28, 2013

When we Meet


Each and every time we meet
My heart always skips a beat
My eyes look up to meet yours
It feels so surreal – you at my door
Your arms open wide – embrace
Strong, tight – like not letting go
Its then that the world is outside
All I see, feel and desire is right here
Like a flower that absorbs life from the sun
You are the sun energising my soul
It just wants to burst with excitement
Every second I am with you
Like bare feet quick stepping hot beach sand
Like dancing under the water sprinkler
Singing out loud with the windows down
I could fly if only I had wings to glide
I’d take you on the most amazing sky ride
You see the happiness in my eyes
Extending from my smile, my inside – out
Of all the people one meets in their lifetime
It’s rare to find someone who touches you
Connects with you - touches you right inside
My thoughts and my feelings so clear
A lifetime of defences built – fallen to the floor
As you just walked straight through each door
Locks click open, inviting you to explore
Everything about me and all that I am and could be
You are the air that I need to breathe – to be me
Because knowing you in this world completes me
So when we meet again – my heart will skip
My eyes will once again look up to meet yours
It will feel surreal – you at my door
We will embrace so tightly not letting go
Door closes behind – the world outside
You and me
Right here
Right now
 
By Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........