Saturday, December 20, 2014

Tick in a Box


You know the saying ‘tick all the boxes’
The man of my life is the tick in all of mine
But think about the tick – what am I saying?
Is it a tick of approval laid out in a plain 2D?
Is it a tick in a 3D box that I can touch and feel?
Maybe it’s the tick of a clock – for eternity?
Or is the tick a parasite feeding off me?
Does the tick in a box really say all I want to say?

To put you in a 2D box would be utterly fatal
You would be flat - lifeless – you couldn’t breathe
Who can sustain something which is so shallow?
I could have depth and meaning from a 3D box
But should depth and meaning be imprisoned?
How can we explore all we would want in a box?
A box contained – restricting within those walls
So what is eternity? Should we even be thinking time?
Enjoy each moment together – why count the time
What about all that we share between time - apart?
Time is for the deadlines - not for our love life
Counting time – is to wish our lives away
Maybe you could be the arthropod or parasite?
You would want me, crave me, to always need me
You would want to be permanently attached to me
You would absorb me and you could always be with me
If you were a tick could I or should I put you in a box?
I could put you in a box – but you would wither and die

In summary do you tick all of my boxes?
Thanks to you a tick in a box says so much more
I want you to need me, want me, crave me
To always want to be attached to me
But I want you in my life longer than a tick can live
Longer than the tick of any clock –can tick - who’s counting?
I also want to touch you and feel you absorb all about you
Explore and experience everything without boundaries of a box
What I want and how I feel and what you do to me
How happy I am – how my world is perfect with you in it
You have too much depth, connection and importance to me
To ever be summarized by ticks in boxes



By Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........