Sunday, December 28, 2014

You Know My fate, My love, My Life

It’s when I felt defenseless
That I reached for strength
It came to me when needed
I couldn’t say from where
Because then I did not know

It’s when there are obstacles
That I felt I could not overcome
A solution always presented itself
Even through the frustration
The journey that I must take

When fears entered into my life
Blinded by fright I closed myself
Only wishing it all to end
I somehow always gained courage
To fight the fears I had to overcome

The pain and hurt that people cause
Leave scars – their own mark on you
When I could never shake them
Or lose their great hold over me
You were there for me - even then
I did not really know

So when a past clashes with a future
A path that I know you put me on
It’s then that all you have given me
All that my life has experienced
All the strength, courage and fight
I can prepare myself for the flight

With blindness but good instinct
Follow my heart & soul – not mind
Subdue the caution to the wind
You know my fate, my love, my heart
Leading me to the love of my life
I know you have had my life
Always in the palm of your hands
Even when I did not really know it

Today I realize that the risk I took
To remain closed inside – depriving me
Has been more painful in hindsight
Than the risk I took to blossom bright
A perfect for me man in my heart and life
Has opened my eyes to all that you can do

Not one day goes by I am not grateful

By Just Me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........