Sunday, February 15, 2015

Between the Covers: Rocks & the Sea

Do you know what it is to feel it
To carry it with you all the time
How it palpitates and ignites

Imagine the galaxy of stars
Reaching for you all at once
The tide is low - quiet, listening
How the night was just for us

Like no one else existed
We sat between the covers
Of the rocks and the sea
The moon and gentle breeze

Taste of Champagne to the lips
The surroundings – the moment
Intensifies all that is bound within

You presented me your intention
Taking it and placing it - trembling within
To wear with me until the end of time
Best friend and partner for life

How you take me to the unexpected
My heart pounding, my mind spinning
Yet amongst it all I knew it was so right

Your heart I hold within my heart
What I feel within mine travels to yours
How you feel within your heart
Floods back to mine – connected

No depth will I drown or air too shallow
The tide was low, quiet and listening
As the first tears welled from my eyes
The breeze carried them away to the sea
It felt my happiness as did the stars in the sky
This night was ours and always to keep
I always carry your heart within me


Just me

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me.........